Spring is here, so it’s time to shed your layers… And that includes any extra fuzz that may have formed over the winter months! In this week’s blog article we’re bringing you the Woman Beauty Nelson guide to waxing!
Why should you wax?
- Your body hair naturally grows in three phases, to get the best removal results, you need to catch the hair in the anagen (initial) growth phase, every time. So establishing a good wax routine is essential.
- With consistent waxing, you could find that any regrowth is finer and slower.
- Waxing has many benefits over shaving for hair removal. Because your hair is pulled from the roots the effects of waxing last longer than shaving. You are also less likely to get nicks, cuts and rashes if you choose to wax over shaving.
Where can you wax?
- We can wax you from underarm to lower leg. Check out our price list HERE.
Before your wax appointment…
- Make sure your skin is clean and free from moisturisers and lotions before your waxing appointment.
- If you are particularly sensitive or having your first wax; you could take Panadol or Nurofen up to an hour before your appointment to minimise any discomfort.
- Dress in loose clothes for your waxing appointment at Woman Beauty in Nelson.
After your wax appointment…
- Your skin will need to calm after your appointment. We stock the Pure Fiji Dilo Rescue range that can help to soothe, nourish and replenish skin; ask us about it at your appointment.
- Avoid all other lotions, perfumes, antiperspirants and colognes until your skin has calmed.
- Keep your loose clothes on after waxing until your skin has calmed. Tights, pants and jeans can irritate the skin or cause ingrown hairs.
- If you’re showering or bathing after your appointment, make sure you use warm, not hot water.
- Don’t hit the gym straight after your waxing appointment. Working up a sweat can cause irritation and a rash.
Does Woman Beauty Nelson offer alternatives to waxing for hair removal?
- Yes, we can offer electrolysis. A consultation is required before treatment. Your appointment time and costs may vary depending on the area that is going to be treated.
- We also offer ELOS IPL Permanent Hair Reduction, book in for your free consultation, if you would like to explore this option.