Waxing… Are you one of the “let the grass grow in a Nelson winter” brigade?
Far be it from us to comment on what goes on beneath your winter woolies… You may be aesthetically very happy with a little extra fuzz forming from June to September. But… And here’s the important thing… Right now, while we’re in the midst of a Nelson winter, is actually the best time to establish your hair removal routine.
Here are three reasons why.
- Your body hair naturally grows in three phases, in order to get the best removal results, you need to catch the hair in the anagen (initial) growth phase, each and every time. So routine is important.
- During winter, your skin isn’t exposed to harsh outside factors like sun and chlorine. That means that any redness and/or sensitivity will be minimised, and your skin will recover quicker from a hair removal treatment.
- With consistent waxing, your body will produce less and less hair. So if you take the Nelson winter off, it’s likely to be a bigger job to fight the fuzz when you get ready for your spring reveal!
Here are a few tips to maximise the effectiveness of your waxing treatment.
- Make sure your skin is clean and free from moisturisers and lotions prior to your waxing appointment.
- If you are particularly sensitive or having your first wax; you could take Panadol or Nurofen up to an hour before your appointment to minimise any discomfort.
- For the best results your hair growth should be between 1-1.5 cm. If it’s longer than this, specifically in intimate areas, waxing can be more painful. So we recommend trimming the area before your appointment, or your therapist can attend to this.
- Your skin will need to calm after your waxing appointment. We stock the Pure Fiji Dilo Rescue range that can help to soothe, nourish and replenish skin; ask us about it at your appointment.
- Avoid all other lotions, perfumes, antiperspirants and colognes until your skin has calmed.
- Wear loose clothes for your appointment, and after waxing until your skin has calmed. Tights, pants and jeans can irritate the skin or cause ingrown hairs.
- If you’re showering or bathing after your appointment, make sure you use warm not hot water.
- Don’t hit the gym straight after your waxing appointment.
Check out our waxing service menu here.