Here in Nelson at Woman Day Spa for Women and Men, we take your relaxation very seriously! But if you think that massage is just about relaxation then think again, because massage therapy is an important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Here are five benefits of massage therapy that go beyond simple relaxation:
- It can help relieve stress. It can lower your heart rate, cortisol and insulin levels. In the fast-paced world we live in it’s easy to let stress get the better of you, but keep in mind that reducing your stress levels is key to achieving a healthier lifestyle.
- It can improve your circulation. As we head into the cooler months give your body a warming boost; let us help to stimulate blood flow and enhance your circulation.
- It can help soothe anxiety, by boosting the feel-good neurotransmitters (chemical messengers) serotonin and dopamine.
- It can help manage pain and injury. Our therapists hands can work wonders in helping you move more freely and manage pain, (but please don’t forget to tell our therapists prior to your treatment if you suffer from soreness, illness or injury).
- It can improve your sleep. If you’ve ever had a wee cat nap on the massage table then you’ll need no convincing of this. Getting the right amount of shut-eye is vital for your continued health and well-being. So if you’re having trouble dropping off at night why not give this all natural cure for insomnia.
Take a look at our menu of heavenly massage treatments here, and don’t forget to sign up to our Woman Beauty Day Spa – Nelson mailing list so you don’t miss out on our monthly Grab-A-Treats, as we often include a relaxing and beneficial massage as part of our treat packages.