We know… Your mornings are busy enough as you race to get ready for work or the kids off to school, you already have to shower, do your hair, make breakfast, pack lunches, get dressed, walk the dog… The list goes on! But there’s a reason that you should be dry brushing your skin as part of your morning routine… Because it’s the largest organ in your body, and it plays a big part in detoxification, so it deserves some love and attention.
Benefits of dry brushing:
- Stimulates your lymphatic system, helping to release toxins.
- Exfoliates your skin, which means you’ll shed dead skin cells, this in turn encourages new cell renewal.
- Allows your skin to absorb nutrients as you unclog pores.
- Glowing, tighter skin.
- Increased energy and blood flow… What a great way to start your day.
What you need:
A good quality, firm, long handled, natural brush. Call in to Woman, we carry some stock, and can also recommend our favourites.
Top dry brushing tips:
- Do it in the morning, rather than in the evening because it can give you an energy rush.
- Brush towards your heart/chest area.
- Start with your feet and work up your legs one at a time. Then move up your mid-section and across your chest. Finish by brushing your arms in an upwards direction.
- There’s no need to brush to vigorously, this gentle practice should never leave your skin red or inflamed.
- Make the most of opening your pores, by showering afterwards and using moisturising products. Pop in to view the Pure Fiji range and we’ll recommend our favourites.
Try it at Woman Beauty Day Spa:
We fully endorse the benefits of dry brushing, and include it as part of our Island Wrap ritual.
Island Wrap $170 – 80 mins – This treatment hydrates dry skin leaving the body with a beautiful “island glow”. The skin is gently dry brushed and warmed tropical oil is generously applied. The body is wrapped with hot stones while a warm oil scalp massage releaves tension hydrating the skin and detoxifying the system. You will leave with your mind renewed and your body restored.