The holidays may be over for some of you, but summer is still here. There will be plenty of days to head to one of the many beautiful Nelson beaches so we thought we’d share some of our top beauty tips to pack in your beach tote.
- Fake it first – If your Christmas holiday glow has faded, you might want to top up your tan before you slip into your togs. Our summer seasonal specials continue to run until the end of February, so take advantage of our two for one Sunescape Spray Tanning offer before you head to one of our Nelson beaches. Sunescape Spray Tans are usually, $60 each, buddy up with your bestie and you both get a tan, but you’ll only get charged for one! Buy yours here.
- But don’t forget your sunscreen – A fake bake is no protection from the sun’s damaging UV rays. The secret to enjoying our Nelson beaches is to be sun smart, that way you won’t end up with lasting sun damage as a beach souvenir. The Ultraceuticals SunActive range was formulated to provide very high sun protection against one of the harshest climates in the world. Can’t bear to be bare-faced at the beach? Then slip an Ultraceuticals UV Protective Daily Moisturiser SPF 30 Sheer Tint in your tote. This broad spectrum SPF 30 daily moisturiser (free of nanoparticles) offers triple skin protection with a hint of colour. If you want a little more coverage, but still want to keep your beach look natural, come in and talk to us about the Jane Iredale mineral makeup range, our team can offer you makeup advice as well as beauty tips.
- Calm yourself – Even the most dedicated slip, slop, slap enthusiast will admit to the odd occasion where they have missed a patch of skin with sunblock. If this happens to you, be sure to keep a handy spray bottle of Pure Fiji Dilo Rescue range. This product can help to soothe, nourish and replenish skin.
- Plan if you can – Everybody loves an impromptu beach trip, but like a good girl scout always be prepared. Keep your waxing regime up to date, that way you won’t be tempted to reach for the razor because shaving right before you head to the beach is a rash waiting to happen! We also recommend that you don’t go to the beach straight after your waxing appointment, your skin needs to calm, so if you’re a real beach babe, think about making your wax appointments in the evening through the summer months, that way you’ll be able to play during the day!
- Make the most of your pedicure – You might love the feeling of sand between your toes, but sadly it can also play havoc with your beautifully painted toes. So, summer is a great time to splurge a little extra on your pedi. Upgrade to a Shellac finish for just $25; it’s definitely worth the investment!
Remember if you need any more beach beauty tips or product advice, call in to see the team at Woman Beauty.