There are so many situations in life where it’s essential to get the foundation right! If you start with a good base, you’ve always got something to build on. And actually, making up is no exception. Choosing the right foundation for your skin won’t just improve your appearance. Research has shown that most foundations provide another layer of protection against environmental stresses. Jane Iredale mineral foundations are formulated with only the best natural ingredients. Each ingredient is only included to either give coverage or to benefit and nourish the skin.
How to choose the right colour:
When testing foundation shades, it’s important to colour match to your neck and décolletage. That way, when you have applied it to your face and blended down the neck area, there will be no visible line where your foundation ends, and your natural skin begins. Your face finishes where the neckline of your top starts! This goes for skincare too ladies always use your product across the décolletage area.
How to choose the right type of foundation:
Liquid, powder, matte? Foundation is a minefield these days! What kind of foundation is best for you can depend on a whole array of things, such as skin type, desired coverage, personal preference and how much time you would like to spend applying your make up. To make sure you make the best decision, just ask your preferred therapist for guidance.
As you head into the summer months, you might prefer a more lightweight and natural look for your skin. Lightening things up helps ensure the wear on the makeup (through swimming or perspiring) is a lot less noticeable.
We’ll often suggest a switch to tinted moisturiser during high summer (we have a couple of options in the salon). Combine this with a small amount of powder over the top to even out your complexion.
If your complexion deepens over the summer months from sun exposure, then you are likely to need to change your foundation shade as well to keep everything looking seamless and natural.
Save yourself from summer slippage:
To stop your foundation slipping off during warmer months, follow our top 5 handy hints!
- Apply a primer first. This will provide your foundation with a better base to “grip” to.
- To ensure your foundation stays put, set it with a powder and touch up partway through the day.
- An oil-controlling setting spray will help keep breakthrough oils at bay.
- Blotting papers are a handbag essential. Blot off excess oil and sweat while still keeping your make up intact.
- The Jane Iredale range also includes a mattifying powder. Keep this in your handbag to eliminate shine without having to cake on more powder foundation.
Jane Iredale Beyond Matte Foundation:
We’re delighted to introduce this new product to our Jane Iredale range.
- Semi-matte, this means it isn’t wholly matte, which can leave some people looking a bit “flat” it still allows the skins natural luminosity to come through.
- Lightweight and long-wearing.
- Medium-to-full, buildable coverage.
- Reduces the appearance of shine and creates the look of smooth, even skin while minimising the appearance of pores.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Free from phthalates, parabens, GMO, artificial dyes, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrance, talc, nanoparticles and heavy metals.
- Certified clean and safe: clinically tested, dermatologist tested, allergy tested, sensitisation tested, noncomedogenic.
An eco-friendly ingredient made from Linseed and Celery Seed Extracts, PoreTect brings firmness, tone and density to the skin, reinforcing the structures that hold pores tight.
Minimise the appearance of shine and promote a smooth, semi-matte, photo-ready finish.
A proprietary blend of Tamarind Seed and plant-based Hyaluronic Acid, Xilogel enhances the ability to improve skin elasticity, smooth and moisturise the skin.
We have a fabulous Jane Iredale event coming up where you can find out more about the new Beyond Matte Foundation. Discover all the details HERE.